Chopped Balsamic Chicken Salad – Dr. Kellyann
PREP TIME: 10 Minutes | Makes 4 servings
- 4 cooked boneless skinless chicken halves (3-4 ounces each), cut into cubes (use leftover chicken or turkey)
- ½ C shredded carrots (about 2 medium)
- ⅓ C shredded beet (about 1 medium) (optional)
- 4 cups finely shredded purple or green cabbage (¼ large-½ small cabbage or 11/2-2 bags prepared shredded cabbage)
- ¼ cup balsamic vinaigrette (homemade recipe below if using)
In a large bowl, toss together the chicken, carrots, beets, cabbage, and dressing. (Alternatively, put the cut chicken into the dressing and let it marinade for at least 15 minutes before tossing with the vegetables.) Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve chilled.
PREP TIME: 5 Minutes | SERVINGS:
- ½ C extra virgin olive oil
- ½ C balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- ½ teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme or ¾ – 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- ⅛ teaspoon Celtic or pink Himalayan salt
In a bowl or a jar with a tight fitting lid, whisk or shake together the oil, vinegar, mustard, thyme, garlic and salt. Refrigerate. Remove the garlic from the dressing before serving.