Smashed Air Fryer Potatoes with Rosemary
Crunchy golden smashed potatoes with the aromatic, herbal hint of rosemary. Is there anything better? Yes, there is! Air fryer smashed potatoes with rosemary, cooked with just a pinch of olive oil, instead of deep fried in vats of oil! That’s what this recipe is all about! With only 6 ingredients–potatoes, olive oil, garlic, rosemary, salt, and pepper–you can whip up this amazing Air Fryer potato recipe in about 45 minutes. I’m telling you, these are my favorite potatoes now, as they are so easy to make with my handy Air Fryer, yet so healthy and delicious. You use the entire potato–skin and all–with just a hint of added ingredients.
I love to serve them with a veggie loaf, veggie balls, or veggie patties. They are great for holidays, simple weeknight meals, special Sunday dinners, and everything in between. Plus, this recipe is allergy-friendly, vegan, gluten-free, and can be made without salt.
How to Cook Potatoes in Air Fryer
This recipe is a great starting point on how to make potatoes in an air fryer. It’s a very basic simple recipe. Simply boil the potatoes until just barely tender. Make the olive oil, garlic, rosemary topping. Smash the potatoes with a glass or jar, drizzle them with the topping, and cook them up in the Air Fryer in just 8 – 10 minutes, and voila, you’re set!
Looking for the best ever recipe on how to make potatoes in an air fryer? This easy, healthy 6-ingredient Smashed Air Fryer Potatoes with Rosemary is your go to, classic air fryer potato recipe from now on.
- 1 pound small, thin-skinned potatoes (i.e., Yukon Gold, red-skinned, creamer)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- ½ teaspoon salt (optional)
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Scrub potatoes with a vegetable brush, leaving them whole and unpeeled.
- Place potatoes in a large pot. Add enough water to just cover the potatoes, cover with a lid, and bring to a boil. Cook potatoes over medium heat just until they are tender when pierced with a fork, but still firm and intact (do not overcook); about 15-20 minutes. Remove from heat immediately and drain off water. Set aside, but do not chill.
- While potatoes are cooking, bring the olive oil to heat in a small skillet. Add garlic, rosemary, salt (if using), and black pepper and sauté over medium heat until the garlic is golden (about 4 minutes). Remove from heat.
- Place cooked potatoes on a cutting board or baking sheet, allowing sufficient space between potatoes to smash them. Use a glass or mason jar to smash the potatoes, applying just enough pressure to flatten each potato until they are about 1-inch thick.
- Brush each potato with a bit of the olive oil mixture.
- Carefully place the smashed potatoes with olive oil in the basket of the Air Fryer creating only one layer of potatoes. Set the Air Fryer to 400 and cook for 8-10 minutes, until the potatoes are golden brown on surface. Remove the cooked potatoes, and repeat the process until all potatoes are cooked.
- Serve immediately. Makes 4 servings (4 ounces each)
Do not discard crumbled pieces of potatoes. Cook them in your Air Fryer with the potatoes.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 33 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 144
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 1 mg
- Fat: 7 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 21 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 3 g
Keywords: potatoes in air fryer, how to cook potatoes in air fryer, how to make potatoes in air fryer
For other vegan side dishes, check out:
Classic Roasted Sweet Potato Wedges
Vegetarian Baked Beans
Roasted Winter Vegetables with Za’atar
Maple and Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information click here.