Vitamin E – Amazing Benefits of Vitamin E for Hair
Have you frequently been disappointed in your attempts to achieve bouncy, luscious hair? The solution is simpler than you may think: Your hair may just need a vitamin boost.
Since the 1950s, dermatologists have used vitamin E to help shield the skin from sun damage, inflammation, and ageing. The fat-soluble antioxidant plays a crucial role in protecting against infection and preserving healthy skin. In recent times, Vitamin E has gained immense popularity as a miracle product that can transform frizzy, damaged, unmanageable hair into shiny, luscious locks.
According to specialists throughout the world, applying just a few drops of vitamin E oil to your scalp once a week could work like magic for your hair.
Here is a hair care guide to get you started on including Vitamin E hair oils in your hair care routine for healthier locks.
The benefits of vitamin E oil for hair health
So how might vitamin E oil improve the condition of your hair? Our hair strands suffer cumulative damage from pollution, the environment, and sun exposure, which leads to increased breakage, discolouration, greying, roughness, and even hair loss. Vitamin E oil can save your hair in this situation. So, let’s dive into the benefits of vitamin E oil for your hair:
- Promotes hair growth: Vitamin E has long been recognised for its ability to nourish the scalp and hair, restoring normal function to promote healthy hair growth. When applied all over your hair, it can help improve the health of your locks. Additionally, it improves blood flow to the scalp, which encourages general hair development.
- Prevents hair loss: Vitamin E has emerged as a holistic solution to all hair problems, especially hair loss. Because they deeply and completely nourish the scalp and hair, vitamin E oil and capsules are very effective in preventing hair loss. Various studies have shown a close association between oxidative stress and alopecia. This may be correlated to the fact that vitamin E helps lessen oxidative stress in the scalp.
- Relieves dryness: When applied topically to your hair, vitamin E oil acts as a conditioner, helping to hydrate and rejuvenate a dry, flaky scalp. The goodness of Vitamin E revitalizes the scalp in a manner similar to how it moisturizes the skin.
- Strengthen hair: As we get older and use chemical treatments and heat-styling tools, our hair follicles start to weaken naturally. Split ends and breakage are the results. Vitamin E oil treats those harmed hair follicles by strengthening and improving them so they are less likely to break.
- Adds shine: Vitamin E oil can be used to combat dry, brittle, frizzy, or dull hair, which is caused by heat, chemicals, and heredity. The product feeds hair the nutrients it needs to become more glossy over time, acting as a barrier of protection.
- Prevents dandruff: Whether consumed orally or the oil applied topically, Vitamin E works to help maintain your scalp’s natural moisture and oil production, thereby preventing the occurrence of dandruff.
- Treats split ends: Vitamin E can play an important role in treating split ends. Damaged hair follicles lead to split ends. Vitamin E contains antioxidants that can help combat the free radicals that harm your hair follicles, and removes split ends.
How to use vitamin E for hair
In addition to being available as supplements, vitamin E oil can be applied topically. By including foods high in vitamin E such as almonds, avocados, sunflower seeds, and wheat germ oil, you can meet your nutritional needs of Vitamin E. You can also topically apply Vitamin E oil to your hair and scalp if you want to nourish your hair.
How to use vitamin E oil for hair health
Oiling your hair has been an ancient tradition in India. Mix three to four capsules of vitamin E oil with coconut oil or jojoba oil. Remember, do not apply Vitamin E oil directly, since it may cause irritation.
To get the maximum benefits out of the vitamin E-enriched oil:
- Massage the already-diluted vitamin E oil onto your scalp with circular motions.
- Gently comb the strands of your hair using a wide-tooth comb.
- Allow the oil to sit for at least 15 minutes to help the oil work its way into the hair and scalp.
- Rinse the oil out of your hair with your regular shampoo.
- Apply conditioner.
Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant that can be a great addition to your hair care routine. Scientific research has shown that taking vitamin E supplements can significantly prevent premature greying of the hair, dryness, discolouration and even hair fall. Having said that, it is important to talk to your healthcare provider before using a vitamin E treatment or taking a supplement, especially if you have a hair, skin, or scalp condition.
fbq('init', '1713453968920369' ); fbq('track', 'PageView');